I hope you all had a nice weekend. It was cold here in the East but we got through it. 50 degrees tomorrow and then back down to 17 on Tuesday. That’s New England for you!
As the quote says,
“If you don’t like the weather in New England, wait 5 minutes.”
I was going to write about my PT session with Steve yesterday but he was not feeling well and had to cancel. I totally blame him for going out to lunch with Pam yesterday and getting a pizza. I am pretty sure if we had worked out I would have made a better choice. LOL! I had half the pizza and brought the other half home. Normally, I would have eaten the whole thing, but I didn’t.
Today, I roasted some grape tomatoes in Olive Oil, basil and garlic. MMM. I also roasted broccoli, peppers and carrots in the oven with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and garlic. I love these! I roast them so they get a little crispy and crunchy. So good!
I think I mentioned to you guys that I was going to do a vision board. What is that? It’s a poster board with pictures, words or quotes that mean something to you or that you want in your life and you can visually see your goals.
I have done this in workshops and people really love doing them. It gives you clarity, a sense of focus and direction. There’s no right or wrong way to make them; whatever feels good to you.
Here is mine. I know it’s hard to read them all so I will tell you what it says and what it means to me and why I picked it for my vision board.
- The very middle is a card Pam gave me that says “Bee open to all possibilities”. Gail, the psychic, I spoke with a few weeks ago told me to let the universe know I am open to different challenges and avenues.
- In the left hand corner I cut out the word “Leap” from a magazine. The quote under it says” I am bigger than the fear that’s holding me back, and I am ready to reach for more.”
- Diagonally, I cut out the words “Amaze yourself”. That’s what I want to do in 2014.
- I cut out “Your job is to maximize your own happiness, kindness and health”. I love this because you can’t count on others to do this for you. It’s your job.
- I also found a heading “Are you living up to your potential?” I want this as a reminder throughout the year. It’s so easy to forget.
- I have a picture of a 103 year old woman. The heading says “How to make new friends at any age” It’s always good to meet new people to teach us new lessons.
- Along the right hand side I have pictures of 3 different types of strength exercises. I have started strength training and I want to keep it up this year.
- Underneath that I cut out a cloud that says” I want to look good in my Birthday suit”. What else is there to say about that?
- Next to that is a picture of all kinds of women’s magazines. I really want to start writing features for popular women’s magazines. That is a goal for 2014.
- Then I have a cut out that simply states “Fun, Fearless, and Females”. I want more of this in my life to help encourage me.
- Next to that is 2 pair of feet. The quote says “Anyone can give up; it’s the easiest thing in the world to do, but to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you feel apart. That’s true strength”. Dan and I have certainly had our struggles the past few years and it feels like we have spent more time focusing on others than our marriage. I want that to change this year and change starts with you ( or in this case me)
- Dress for Success. I have always wanted to volunteer for this wonderful organization and it hasn’t panned out. I need to make the effort this year and make it happen. It’s up to me.
- Lastly, “How to adapt when your life takes a turn.” Who doesn’t have change in their life? Sometimes unexpected things happen and you have to learn how to grow with it. I need this as a reminder to stop fighting change and go with it. Maybe I will come out better for it.
So, that is my vision board. I had fun cutting out words and quotes and seeing what they meant to me and my life. I will hang this in my office where I can see it daily as a reminder to myself.
I would love for you to do one and send me a picture of it and tell me your experience of making one.
Question of the day: Have you ever done a vision board?