Happy, happy Monday!
I read an article today from Men’s Fitness about 6 ways to lose your gut. Since that is always my trouble spot and always has been I was inclined to read it.
Here is what the article said you have to give up.
1. Drinking diet soda – Diet soda drinkers take in more calories than non diet soda drinkers. I don’t buy it at home anymore but I do drink it when I go out which is often on the weekends. So although I have cut back I am still drinking more of it than I should.
2. Eating out too often – It’s hard to eat healthy when eating out. I don’t know about you but if I feel like I am paying for it I want to totally splurge and not get something I don’t really want. Plus, lunch items usually come with chips, fries or cole slaw – none of which is healthy for you. I know the weekends kill my good eating habits during the week.
3. Lazy weekends – Sleeping in late and eating your first meal at noon will prompt you to consume more calories than if you got up early. I know this throws me off if my eating schedule is thrown for the day.
4. Fighting Stress with Sugar – Many people go to the vending machine at work to grab a candy bar in the afternoon. They want a treat, no they feel they deserve a treat and go for the M&M’s. Instead reach for a snack with protein and carbs.
5. Sticking to Steady State Cardio– Many people will hop on a treadmill for 30 -45 minutes and never change the setting. Doing steady cardio will not help you lose weight. You need to incorporate HIIT ( High Intensity Interval Training) for maximum weight loss.
6. Smokers– This study says smokers have a higher waist circumference due to more abdominal fat and less muscle. I know when I smoked I didn’t do a lick of exercise so that makes sense to me.
I didn’t do as badly as I thought on this survey but I can clearly see that eating out and lazy weekends hurt me. I do drink more diet soda than I should but I am not sure how much of an effect that is having. I should cut it out and see if anything changes.
Read the whole article here. http://healthyliving.msn.com/weight-loss/6-things-to-give-up-to-get-rid-of-your-gut?ocid=Outbrain=obinsite#1
I do feel like I am gaining some weight back again. I am not sure if I am but I know I have to watch what I eat. I have loosened the reigns and I have to stop doing that as often. Cheeseburgers and Onion Rings are creeping back into my diet more often and I have worked so hard to lose inches that I don’t want to blow it.
Question of the Day: What is your biggest challenge?