Yay, it’s Friday That makes me smile!
Maybe its karma but I just read Life Coach, Cheryl Richardson’s newsletter about things that make her smile so she could give them more space in her life.
I love this idea.
And in keeping in tune with smiling more and not looking grouchy I decided to think about what makes me smile. Then I am going to think about every damn one of them while I am on the elliptical at Steve’s on Wednesday.
See, I actually just made myself laugh with that thought.
Things that make me smile:
- Seeing Dan and Molly together. I love the unconditional love the two of them have for each other.
- Listening to Molly snore- so freakin’ cute
- Reminiscing with Pam about the “good old” days. Boy, we did some dumb ass things.
- It’s Not about the Nail video- cracks me up every time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg
- Re-reading for about the millionth time an old “Dear John” letter Pam wrote to an old boyfriend many moons ago. It’s still hilarious.
- Goofy things that I do on a day to day basis. There are a lot and I like to smile at my imperfections.
- Reading meaningful e-mails that someone sent me or I sent to them.
- Kent- because he writes me things that strike me as very funny sometimes.
- VH1 Divas Bloopers video – Because I can watch this a million times and I think Adam is so cute in it. Makes me smile EVERY TIME I watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEIVer4Blgk
- Nice Boys at the gym who hold the door for me or ask me if I want to go ahead of them at the water cooler.
In doing this exercise I learned I either need to watch more funny videos or think about Pam more often. LOL.
Honestly, when I started the list I thought I was going to have trouble coming up with things that made me smile but I had to cut the list down.
What I did realize is that when I have mindless time (like on the elliptical) instead of thinking about serious stuff all the time I should use that time and think about things that make me happy. I guess I felt that I had to put that time to good use so I was trying to solve the world’s problems. I need to give myself permission to simply use down time to reflect on funny, happy things and not feel like I always have to be working.
Question of the day: What makes YOU smile?