Hope you had a fabulous weekend. The summer is going to be winding down soon so enjoy it while you can.
So, this isn’t a fun topic but I know so many women that have this issue. Why not talk about it and see if we can help.
I couldn’t resist the picture
I noticed for the past few weeks my bathroom habits have suddenly changed. I used to go to the bath room (number 2) every morning at around the same time. Suddenly I was going at night or even in the middle of the night. Odd, but whatever.
Then I wasn’t going everyday. Now, I have had issues with this in the past anyway and I started putting fiber in my coffee everyday and that seemed to do the trick.
These past few weeks to a month I am going maybe every other day. Maybe… My stomach doesn’t hurt but it is really bloated. I have been complaining to Steve about this ( the stomach, not the bath room problem) and it dawned on me that this is probably part of the bloating issue.
This is how I feel
I found an article on web MD on causes of constipation but I can’t seem to find one that would cause mine. http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/digestive-diseases-constipation
What Causes Constipation?
Constipation is usually caused by a disorder of bowel function rather than a structural problem. Common causes of constipation include:
- Inadequate water intake
- Inadequate fiber in the diet
- A disruption of regular diet or routine; traveling
- Inadequate activity or exercise or immobility
- Eating large amounts of dairy products
- Resisting the urge to have a bowel movement, which is sometimes the result of pain from hemorrhoids
- Overuse of laxatives (stool softeners) which, over time, weaken the bowel muscles
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease or multiple sclerosis
- Antacid medicines containing calcium or aluminum
- Medicines (especially strong pain medicines, such as narcotics, antidepressants, or iron pills)
- Eating disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Colon cancer
I remembered that Epsom Salt is supposed to help you with constipation. I have some because of the body scrubs I have been making so I read the package and it said to take 2-4 teaspoons of salt to an 8 ounce glass of water and wait 1/2 hour to 6 hours and you should feel like dancing a jig. It didn’t really say that but have you ever seen how happy dogs are after they poop?
Don’t use lavender to drink
Anyway, I put a teaspoon of salt in a glass and downed that so now the waiting game is on. I figure it’s 7:00 now so I’ll probably be up at 12 or 1 heading to the bathroom.
I only used a little salt to see what happens. Hopefully, it won’t work too well. I’ll report back if this at home remedy worked or not.
NOTE: Please consult with your doctor before trying this. I am not suggesting this as a solution for you but rather what I did.