I am the Face Book Quiz Queen. Any quiz that I see I take, I don’t care what it is.
*What kind of Lover am I
* What should be my hippie name
* What kind of house should I live in
* What’s my old lady name
I love these things! They are mindless and they are fun. Often times, I feel like they peg me accurately. I get “ I am mysterious” a lot and I can see that.
This past week I took a quiz to see what I was in my past life.
I answered questions about how I saw myself and what groups of people I wanted to help. What is important to me and how I would describe my good and bad traits.
What did I get?
I got a Warrior!
And as stupid as this sounds, I was so proud I got a Warrior!
To me, a Warrior is a survivor. They are strong, fearless and brave. A Warrior doesn’t back down no matter if they think they will succeed with their mission or not. They believe in the cause and they forge ahead anyway with faith.
As a younger girl and I use the word “girl” for a reason, I would have wanted to be a Queen.
The thought of having servants or minions waiting on me hand and foot for my every whim was appealing. Back then I would have been proud to not have to lift a finger, have people do everything for me and not have to get my hands dirty. I would have loved having a crown with a pretty dress and standing perfect.
The thought of all those Queen-like behaviors makes me shudder now. That is so not me!
I can envision myself with my crazy curly hair loose and wild, my body protected with a metal bra plate, bare strong abs and boy shorts carrying a weapon ready to defend the innocent. I am strong, brave and focused on the task at hand and although I may fail, I will die trying. I will die with honor and respect and my name will be spoken by people in awe of my bravery.
I am fierce and people both fear and respect me.
Yeah! I want to be fierce and respected, but for my fearless nature, not because I am using fear to rule or manipulate people.
Forget about wanting to be a warrior in my past, I want be one now!
What would that look like today?
Here are some of the qualities I think a Modern day Warrior should have:
1. Humble: A warrior admits his/her mistakes and takes action to correct them.
2. Doesn’t judge: A warrior realizes everyone is different and our differences are what make us unique, not weird. Everyone has different, useful skills and a warrior knows how to bring out the best in each one of us.
3. Respected: A warrior says what they mean and does what they say.
4. Fearless: A warrior doesn’t necessarily have no fear. They have fear and move ahead with their plans and dreams anyway.
5. Thinks before they act- A warrior doesn’t react due to anger or sadness. Acting rashly or without thinking can get a warrior killed. They think over their emotions and act when they understand their feelings and have control over them.
6. Never stops learning: A warrior knows they do not know everything and are humble enough to realize that. They watch, listen and observe and try to constantly learn and grow from others.
“To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into on or the other.” — Powerpressive