Hey Happy Hump Day!
I have been into eating avocados lately. I used to think I hated the slimy suckers. Then I realized I love guacamole so why do I hate avocados?
So, I went to the store and bought a nice ripe avocado and ate it with a spoon.
It was creamy and kind of buttery and it filled me up.
I am hooked on the slimy, green things.
· I have been added them to salads with lime juice and cilantro
· Eating half of an avocado with a spoon
· Put them in my shakes
· Mixing chicken with mashed avocado
I bought a roasted chicken at the store and shredded some up. Then I took half an avocado and scooped out some (leaving some in the shell) of the insides and mashed it up with the chicken. I added some lime juice and cilantro and put it back in the avocado.
I ate it with a spoon while scraping the remaining flesh on the inside of the shell with the chicken stuffing.
It made a pretty little package and was healthy with no mayo but lots of healthy fats.
Check it out!
Here are 5 reasons you should learn to love avocados:
- They Contain More Potassium Than Bananas
2. Avocado is Loaded With Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids
3. Avocados Are Loaded With Fiber
4. Eating Avocados Can Lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels
5. Avocado is Incredibly Nutritious
Here are some of the most abundant nutrients, in a single 3.5 ounce (100 gram) serving (3):
Vitamin K: 26% of the RDA.
Folate: 20% of the RDA.
Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA.
Potassium: 14% of the RDA.
Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA.
Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA.
Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA.
Then it contains small amounts of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous, Vitamin A, B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin) and B3 (Niacin).
So, go on and learn to love them.